Our parent representatives meet each half term with the Headteacher and the school’s Chair of Governors.
Their role is to:
- Support the headteacher and other school leaders in communicating the school’s vision and ethos to the wider community
- Provide support and advice in the delivery of new initiatives or school improvement priorities
- At half termly meetings, make suggestions or recommendations for future discussion by the group (these must affect groups of pupils, not individual children or staff members)
Our parent representatives for 2019-2020 are:
The second meeting of the parent representatives was held on Wednesday 8th January 2020.
The theme of the meeting was Safeguarding and items discussed were:
- The school child protection policy and procedures
- Review of the latest Safeguarding ‘Pupil Voice’
- A Briefing on County Lines, Cuckooing and Knife Crime
- The school behaviour policy and use of rewards
- The school PSHE and Relationships and Sex Education policies
The first meeting of the parent representatives was held on Thursday 3rd October 2019.
Items discussed were:
- The role of a parent representative within the school
- The school vision and mission statement
- The school improvement priorities for 2019-2020
- Parent Questionnaire
- Items to be considered for future agendas
Suggestions given for the next meeting agenda were:
- The school’s approach to pupil well-being
- School enrichment activities and supporting the cost to parents